Smart Solutions (Recruitment) Ltd (SSR) is committed to integrating environmental best practice into all its business activities. The Company accepts its environmental responsibilities and recognises its obligation to reduce the impact of business activities on the environment. The Company will achieve this through continual improvement in environmental performance.
To achieve these objectives, the Company will:
- Operate the business to the systems required by ISO14001:2015;
- Adopt best practice and assist, where possible, in developing innovative solutions to the environmental issues and problems facing its sector;
- Conduct its activities in full knowledge of, and compliance with, the requirements of applicable environmental legislation and Approved Codes of Practice;
- Assess the environmental impact of all past, current and likely future operations, and fully integrate environmental considerations and objectives into its business decisions;
- Minimise consumption of natural resources, including energy, water and raw materials, as far as is economically practicable;
- Prevent pollution and minimise emissions;
- Reduce the use of paper to prevent the production of waste and develop effective waste management and recycling procedures, as well as disposing of unavoidable waste in such a way as to minimise its environmental impact;
- Develop and implement integrated logistics policies, and encourage the use of environmentally friendly means of transport by staff;
- Establish environmental objectives and targets, and measure performance against these targets;
- Raise awareness amongst members of staff through appropriate education and training, encouraging them to become more environmentally responsible;
- Involve suppliers, contractors in environmental initiatives;
- Work within the local community and with others, to take into account their environmental concerns and develop and pursue environmental initiatives;
- Communicate this policy to members of staff, and consult with them to ensure that they take an active role in its implementation and review; and
- Continually monitor and review its environmental performance and publish and communicate this performance to staff and other concerned parties.
Each employee is responsible for his/her adherence to the principles of the Company’s Environmental Policy.
The Company will monitor the effectiveness of this policy and its general compliance within the organisation.
Robert J. Webb